Atlantic Nickel has exported 11,100t (9,979mt) of nickel concentrate from Itagiba mine. This is the largest shipment since the mine commenced operations. The miner indicated on Tuesday that it had also surpassed 40,000t of accumulated international nickel exports this year.
Apart from these achievements, the miner noted that it had also completed five of its 12 goals for 2021. They include:
- Reaching 2.45mn t of mined ore
- Attaining 1.5mn t of plant feed
- Achieving 79pc metallurgical recovery of sulphide nickel in Q1 2021
- Improving plant efficiency by implementing 20 priority initiatives
- Completing phase 1 of the dam raising work.
In Itagiba, the Brazilian miner had stated earlier, it recycles more than 80pc of the waste generated in the nickel production process in its bid to mine sustainable nickel for electric vehicle batteries.